Electric Scooters were recently discussed in the House of Lords.
You can read the full debate here - go on it's worth a read (5 mins).
However highlights include:
- Wondering if electric scooters will go the same way as the Sinclair C5
- They often break the speed limit at over 40 mph
- There have been 2 million journeys on e-scooters within the trials
- That's the equivalent of travelling to the moon and back 13 times (5,000,000 km)
- In all that time, there have been zero fatalities and zero people hospitalised as in-patients
- There have been 11 injuries that could be called serious, but were not hospitalisation injuries, and 62 slight injuries, such as a sprained ankle
- Baroness Uddin: "I tried it in my back yard, and it is fun" (nice one Baroness)
- Lord Fowler: "My Lords, the time allowed for this Question has elapsed"